North American Overlay Mapping
The 'Options' tool lets you temporarily change a variety of program-options used by NAOMI. To access it, click 'Tools' > 'Options'. A new tool box will open, showing the available options, and the values that they are currently set to. The Options are:
- Status Bar Position format - this option sets the format of the position as displayed on the status bar. The default setting is '1'
- 1 = Decimal Degrees, with 2 decimal places
- 2 = Decimal Degrees, with 3 decimal places
- 3 = Degrees, Minutes, Seconds
- 4 = Degrees, Minutes, Decimal Minutes
- 5 = UTM coordinates
- Distance Unit - this option sets the unit used to display distance on the status bar, and in other calculations. The default setting is '1'
- 1 = Statute Miles
- 2 = Nautical Miles
- 3 = Kilometres
- Default Background - this option sets the background image that is shown when each map is loaded. The default setting is '5'
- 0 = no background (dark blue map outline)
- 1 = CQ Zones
- 2 = ITU Zones
- 3 = Time Zones
- 4 = ARRL Sections
- 5 = State/Provinces
- 6 = Counties
- 7 = UTM Zones
- 8 = Satellite Photo
- 9 = Colored Relief
- UTM Datum - this option sets the value used to calculate the UTM position, as shown on the status bar, and in other calculations. The default setting is '1'
- 1 = WGS84
- 2 = WGS72
- 3 = ED50
- 4 = NAD83
- 5 = NAD27
- Locator Map auto-show - this option sets the on-time for the small locator map to pop up when a new map is loaded. The default setting is '2'
- 0 = Don't pop up
- 1 = Pop up for 1 second
- 2 = Pop up for 2 seconds
- 3 = Pop up for 3 seconds
- 4 = Pop up for 4 seconds
- 5 = Pop up for 5 seconds
- Sound On/Off - this option determines whether or not a sound is played when certain buttons are pressed. The default setting is '1'
- 0 = Sound is not played
- 1 = Sound is played
To change any of the options, select a new value in the relevant select-box. These changes will come into effect when a new map is loaded, but will be lost when NAOMI is closed.
To make these changes permanent, and apply them each time NAOMI is started, edit the values in the file 'defaults.js', found in the NAOMI directory. You can edit the file with the Windows program 'Notepad', or a similar text editor. Do NOT use 'Word', or a word processor, as these can introduce hidden yet unwanted characters, that will stop NAOMI from working. It is suggested that you always make a copy of the current 'defaults.js' file before saving a new one, in case of problems.